Insulation helps in extending the periods of comfort without reliance on mechanical cooling/heating system especially during inter-season periods. Therefore, proper use of thermal insulation in buildings enhances thermal comfort at less operating cost. Furthermore, correct accessories, fixtures, joinery and protective gear is needed to fully utilize potential of thermal insulation used.”
Quadriks, is an assemblage of fasteners, profiles and other necessaries required for proper installation of insulation.
Polymer Insulation Fasteners
Polymer Insulation Fasteners or anchors for fixing insulation material are a perfect choice for EIFS or ETICS system. Both, fastener and its nail are made of engineered polymer material to avoid creation of thermal bridge.
- Quick and easy impact installation
- All plastic material eliminates risk of condensation and corrosion
- Structural design for fastening hard, self-supporting insulation materials like XPS, EPS and PU boards
- Also useful for rockwool, glass wool and foam glass
- Suitable for installation on concrete or masonry structures
- Well-designed length of fastener reduces amount of drilling
- Surface of fastener head ensures bonding of plaster
- Old render, adhesive mortar or non-bearing layers are to be included in fastener’s useful length.
- Set to push-through installation using a hammer.
- Driving the nail into fastener shaft causes tip of fastener to expand in base material.
Drip profiles are fixed on horizontal edges of window and door jambs and other facade recesses. Also applied on lower edge of balcony slabs and thermal insulation boards.
The profile comes with fiberglass mesh where mesh part is rendered into finishing layer. Drip Profile provide correct evacuation of water flowing down vertical facade surfaces totally eliminating the risk of stains and plaster damage. These profiles also protect the edge from mechanical damage.
Corner profiles are fixed on various edges exposed to mechanical damage during usage of the facade, like door and window jambs, corners, etc. Flexibility of the polymer materials protects from mechanical impact and prevents permanent damage to the corners/edges. Corner profiles also come with fiberglass mesh where mesh part is rendered into finishing layer.
Fibreglass mesh is a neatly woven, crisscross pattern of fibreglass threads. Mesh used for construction application is acrylic or latex coated to secure structural integrity. In the EIFS system, fibreglass mesh makes an integral part. It is embedded into a layer of basecoat which reinforces and adds strength to the rendered surface.
Fibreglass mesh can also be used to prevent cracking in concrete, to join two pieces of insulation board, joints of dry walls, backing of tiles, carpet and mosaic.